Complete France Forum

Coloured pasta

dave and aileen

Hello,

This may seem a bit strange, but has anyone had a nasty reaction to the coloured pasta here in France, its 3 times now so too much of a coincidence. Also, when we lived in UK, our dog was on a chicken and pasta diet because of allergies, diagnosed very expensively by an animal dermatologist, and that was the easiest and cheapest way of controlling it. Here, he has a reaction to the pasta too. Sounds like we`re a pretty reactionary family I know, but I would interested to hear.

Aileen

Hello,

Me, I`m having the reaction, but when we first moved here, and gave the dog ordinary pasta as he would have had in UK, he was allergic to it too, in fact first, before me.

Well the pasta has been served to us when eating at friends, and when the horrible reaction occured, I didnt immediately think it was the pasta, but 2 more ocurrences later, it would seem to be that it is. I`m not a great pasta lover, but didnt want to blame the pasta if it was something else. Anyway,it was just an enquiry, because food intolerances are interesting, and it may be that others have had similar events. Food can have some pretty nasty stuff in it, which can cause some pretty nasty reactions.

Aileen

Now strangely I have had some weird pasta, well spaghetti to be precise that husband brought in the other day here in the UK. Normal coloured and it tasted like Ebly.

I thought, hoped that the colouring in France was tomato or spinach in the pasta rather than nasty e stuff. I tend to be allergic to things but not to coloured french pasta.

"Food can have some pretty nasty stuff in it, which can cause some pretty nasty reactions"

Umm, not usually. In fact there's a ton of legislation to make sure that food doesn't have nasty stuff in it.

Are you talking about tricolore (which as TU says is generallly tomato and spinach) or the black stuff with squid ink?

As most pasta consists of flour and water, possibly with egg, there isn't much to react to unless you are coeliac.

Archived