Complete France Forum

Rick Steins new program

Russethouse

FANTASTIC!! Just as Rick Stein only knows how to make people drool over a plate of food!!

I am watching it too!

Must have been a jinx because I had cooked on Sunday night a big pot of  'Petit Salé aux Lentilles'  to last me a while and polished off the last of it! as I was watching the program......  and that lovely dopey cattle in Bazas!     Reminded me of my uncles' farm in 79!.....   

See! Lovingly looked after cattle gives you butter melting meat!...

I was truly HOMESICK!! 

[quote]Not sure that I could stomach the boeuf tartare with the raw egg though! Anybody had this?- Only caught the last few minutes of the programme but will be watching all of it next week. Becky[/quote]

Yup!

Best one I ever tasted was in Paris in the late 70's. It was just melting yum!yum!! and it did not even taste of raw meat as most would expect it.

If done with succulent, properly reared/butchered/hanged beef you will have the best 'Tartare' which only needs very little chopped parsley, capers, gerkhins, shallots, dash of tabasco, sea-salt and black pepper and the freshest free-range egg on top! Truly yum!yum!!

I remember the place very well but do you think I can remember the name of it... Well!... it was my birthday that day and I was with the love of my life (then) !!!

How life changes..... I still like to eat my 'Tartare' as and when I can get good meat to make it!...

The book to accompany the series is out in September and you can pre-order it on Amazon at a discounted price.

My OH loves Carpaccio of beef. Our local resto had it on last year's menu but not this year's, so for his birthday I asked for it to be made especially, which they did do - a massive platter of it sufficient for 4 people for just 12 euros, delicious!

[quote]Not sure that I could stomach the boeuf tartare with the raw egg though! Anybody had this?- Only caught the last few minutes of the programme but will be watching all of it next week. Becky[/quote]

Can and have when my parents first took me to France we used to order then find out via dictionary what we were eating.

I asked my friends on one of the cookery sites I am on to watch it and they all loved it.  People from Germany, Holland, the UK etc.

I told a friend here about it, she watched and HATED it!!!!!!!!!!!

One day I am going down the Midi canal on a canal boat.

After I have been to Venise......

A few years back my wife and I were in a restaurant in Meze(34) and saw what looked like Rick at one of the other tables-just enjoying his food-no cameras about.He was wearing the same blue shirt as in the film-must have been when they filmed it.

[quote]A few years back my wife and I were in a restaurant in Meze(34) and saw what looked like Rick at one of the other tables-just enjoying his food-no cameras about.He was wearing the same blue shirt as i...[/quote]

I met Rick Stein at his Seafood Restaurant in Padstow a few years ago. Funnily enough he was wearing (the same?) blue shirt - just checked the photo. He's extremey shy and has a very limp handshake, but is a really nice guy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

and Meze....I always say mezay....he said Mez, I ahve done the wine tour thing around the noily prat place , Mr O said I loved the wine.....i can`t remember as I sampled that much!

Loved going to marseillan and Meze for years with our caravan,(and still do for a short break) anyone catch the name of that resto he had oysters in at Meze?

Mrs O

Archived