Complete France Forum

A tasty cheesecake, not very french but I think your french friends will love it.

vervialle

I can honestly say in all my travels round France you never come by a cheesecake on the menu, I love all the french sweets, but cheesecake is one of my old favourites, this one takes 20minutes, please try it you will enjoy it.A  real cheesecake is cooked so this is a cheat. Melt 100gms of butter and 200gms of biscuits with 2oz coconut try and use biscuits with oats in them they are better, but if not anything.Press flat in an 8inch Tin,, Melt 135gm pineapple jelly ( if this is not possible to get use gelatine and pineapple juice) when it is cool add 225gm of soft cheese, 150gm low fat yoghurt 30ml of rum or bicardi or pina colada, and 150 ml of cream whipped,mix together pour on to the biscuit base and chill in the fridge over night, decorate with Kiwi and pineapple.Try and line the tin with parchment paper as it is easier to turn it out. Serve with creme fraiche mixed with a little rum.

[quote user="vervialle"]I can honestly say in all my travels round France you never come by a cheesecake on the menu, I love all the french sweets, but cheesecake is one of my old favourites, this one takes 20minutes, please try it you will enjoy it.A  real cheesecake is cooked so this is a cheat. Melt 100gms of butter and 200gms of biscuits with 2oz coconut try and use biscuits with oats in them they are better, but if not anything.Press flat in an 8inch Tin,, Melt 135gm pineapple jelly ( if this is not possible to get use gelatine and pineapple juice) when it is cool add 225gm of soft cheese, 150gm low fat yoghurt 30ml of rum or bicardi or pina colada, and 150 ml of cream whipped,mix together pour on to the biscuit base and chill in the fridge over night, decorate with Kiwi and pineapple.Try and line the tin

with parchment paper as it is easier to turn it out. Serve with creme fraiche mixed with a little rum.[/quote] Forgot to mention melt the jelly in 1/4pint of water

I came across this recipe for Tarte au fromage blanc et a la menthe in the

Rustica magazine. I will try to precis it: Make a crust with 250g of

speculoos biscuits, crushed, 100g butter 50g of powdered sugar. Press into a

loose based tin. Let 500g of fromage blanc strain overnight.

Make a syrup with the leaves of a bouquet of mint, 200g of powdered

suar and 20cl of water. Discard the mint and reduce the mixture. Fill

the pastry case with the fromage blanc mixed with 4 egg yolks,

80gflour,25cl creme fraiche, rind and juice of a lemon, mint syrup and lastly the

egg whites beaten until stiff. Bake for 1 hour plus 15 minutes in oven

off with door open. - oven heat omitted but I should think moderate.

Sounds fiddly but unusual. Pat. Ps I have had the unbaked cheesecake at a friends' in UK. Very moreish.

Archived