Complete France Forum

L'*** !!!

Rosebud

We bought a few bottles of this wine about a year ago at the Carrefour wine sale.  We actually did it as a bit of a joke (for obvious reasons!) and gave some bottles away to friends who do not live in France.

However, we kept a couple back for ourselves and it was really good stuff!!  We've looked for it ever since and have yet to find it.  Does anybody know this wine/where it originates from and more importantly, where can I some more?

[:)]

Edit:  the word is blanked out......L' A R S E !!!!!  I swear it's real!!

I can see I'm going to have problems with blanked words if I'm not carefull, but here goes...

L' A r s e   is the name of a river, a valley, a forest and a waterfall (colourfully called la cascade d' A r s e ) in the Ariege, so I'd guess that the wine comes from this region, perhaps a vin de pays de l'Ariege?

As regular readers of my irregular blog (shameless plug! shameless plug! click on link below) will know, my good lady and I are about to start househunting south of the Channel, and the southern Ariege is an area we'll be searching in.  My, how I would love to live in the valley of the A r s e.  My mother would be so proud. 

I shall contact a local immobilier forthwith.     

(edit to remove nannying asterisks!)

Archived