Complete France Forum

Restaurants

Georgina

I have to post this as I could not get my head around it.  I took my friend to an Italian (French) restaurant where I had been before.  There was a distinct smell of burning after about 10 minutes and I thought I hope that's not ours.  Well, yes it was.  They brought the meal and it was completely black on whole of the top.  I told him we did not want it and believe it or not, he tried to convince me it was okay because it was only black on top because the egg was burnt.  I think it's funny now, but really, in all my life I have never heard anything like it.  It was a calzone by the way.  You know the one where they fold a pizza in half.  He argued with me for about 5 minutes and I just repeated that we did not want burnt food.  We were just about to leave and they changed it then but, well I know that the customer is always wrong in France, but this was the limit.[:'(]

Georgina

Calzone's my favourite pizza.  A little bit of scorching/blistering is okay as it is a bit higher than a normal pizza, but I wouldn't fancy it "cramé"!  All our pizza places manage to do one without incinerating it.

PS What was the egg doing on top, if that's what the burnt bit was supposed to be? [blink]

Archived