Complete France Forum

Twice in a Week

Teamedup

I have had a couple of lovely meals in new restaurants recently, but this week, well what a disaster. A restaurant we have eaten at for at least 12 years has changed ownership and the meal was truly disgusting. Not just my meal, there were six of us and every one left the table dissatified and as we have all been regular customers over many years, were more than a little annoyed too.

And then yesterday, beurk, is all I can say. I couldn't eat it and came home hungry.At least we weren't paying. The thing that got me was that they had obviously fancied up the food and spent a lot of time doing so, but to make it inedible, well, what was the point. I would rather have had plain fayre with the same ingredients that was edible.

[quote user="Teamedup"]

I have had a couple of lovely meals in new restaurants recently, but this week, well disaster. A restaurant we have eaten at for at least 12 years has changed ownership and the meal was truly disgusting. Not just my meal, there were six of us and every one left the table dissatified and as we have all been regular customers over many years, were more than a little annoyed too.[/quote]

That happened to us, TU. Obviously we hadn't been visiting for so many years, but this was a good little restaurant.

We took some friends there, bragged it up as being great, and of course now the food is dire. [:(]

We gave the new owners a chance - as they really had just taken over - but the food hadn't improved at all a few weeks later, and the service was worse, if anything.

I have told my friend that that is what we should do, but she is so annoyed about it, I mean enraged and I have done my best to calm her. She is deeply offended, there is no two ways about it. I have had an idea, as this place is registered with an organisation that we should write to them. I'll have to see what she says, I only noticed that it was affiliated yesterday as we passed it on the way home from the other disasterous meal.

Archived