Complete France Forum

looking for independent producers

andrew

Hi there all

I am looking to souce unique french product for a new exciting line of French Cuisine. I am especially intrested in Wild Boar product particularly sausages , also Pate and cheese.  

The real devil is in finding local producers with quality product and to have a degree of exclusivity on their product.There is lots of really fab product from france available over here in the uk but nothing unique and certainly not of the quality produced by small local producers.

I am looking for small suppliers of any of the above

Any help would be gratefully received

Ps very jealous of you chaps living the french life style .Cannot wait to move back over

Thank you all for your help

A

there seem to be a lot of those round here (87).

One place to start is the chambres de métiers - they have lists of buinesses/people registered in all the disciplines. Look for those with 'artisan' in the name. I think you can search online too - but I'm afraid I don't have the URL to hand.

If you could get over here and go to a local market there are always stands of local stuff that is quite exclusive!

Now I know what it is and have seen the prices in the shops I'm going to get a couple of bottles of vin de paille to try at the next market :)

Archived