Complete France Forum

SAFER - more quick answer when you pay fee?

nijntje

Hello, we have just signed our compromis de vente and our now waiting to complete. Because of SAFER it will be at least a 2 month wait...

I have heard that you can pay a fee and they will give you an answer more quickly. Has anyone heard of this? I asked our estate agent and she said it can be done for about 150 euros and they say they will then "try" and give an answer in 1 month instead of 2 months, but can not guarantee this!

Has anyone done this before? I want to make sure when I pay them they will give me an answer.

Thanks,

Inge

Yes, although a fee of about 100 euros paid by cheque to SAFER can shorten the wait to a month, they are not obliged to accept this and I've had cases where SAFER have returned the cheque and the client has had to wait the statutory 2 months.

We have now paid Safer to speed up the process a little. Even if it is only 1 or 2 weeks faster then 2 months, I think it is worth it! They say it should be 1 month now instead of 2...we will see! We paid 145 euros. (dep 56 Morbihan - Brittany)

Archived