Complete France Forum

Pattison Courgettes

Hoddy

Sorry, Hoddy, most people seem not to do that before asking here.

I have never knowingly eaten this type of courgette but I would guess that you start by using your favourite recipe for the "normal" sort. Most of the time Di either slices and BBQ/griddles them or chops courgettes, aubergines,shallots/onions, non-green peppers, fennel etc into biggish lumps, adds loads of olive oil and roasts the lot in the oven, Jamie Oliver style (any other recipes for cooking JO awaited). I think that as long as you try to do or add something that will give some flavour to what is essentially a pretty tasteless veg it will turn out fine.

Are you asking because you are thinking of buying some or because you have grown them and don't know what to do with several cwt. ?

John

and

No I don't have cwts., John. The neighbour left some in a bag on the step and they looked so appealing I wanted to keep them whole.

After my netsearch because I didn't have all the ingredients , or particularly fancy  any of them , I made up my own recipe. I cut the 'lids' off and scopped out the seeds and made a stuffing out of sausagemeat, onions, tomatoes, breadcrumbs and herbs. I then put them in a big frying pan with a lid added water and olive oil and cooked very gently for about 3/4 of an hour. They were OK - it's just that I feel that they could have been much nicer and they look very good so I'd like to try again.

Hoddy 

Archived