Complete France Forum

Burnt on food!

Jo

Not sure if this is the right place for this.......I left my chutney to look after itself while I got a few other jobs done[:$] Any shortcuts for getting the burnt food off the preserving pan? It's an aluminium one, I would like to rescue it if poss as it was my Mum's[:'(]

Thanks for all the advice, soaked it in bio washing powder overnight, most of it came off and have just chipped the last stubborn spots off with a knife! It's never looked so clean! Will be more careful next time[:$]

Which reminds me of a humerous essay I read once, can't remember the writer, about cleaning a porridge pan which had set on. He used the "scritcher" to get in the corners, but was left with the problem of cleaning the scritcher. I think burnt-on porridge is one of the worst things to clean. I never make it now.

[quote user="Patf"]I think burnt-on porridge is one of the worst things to clean. I never make it now.[/quote]

I always make it in the microwave in the bowl I'm going to eat it out of which happens to be a soup plate as it doesn't overspill during cooking.

Archived