Complete France Forum

How to find a "service consommateurs"

allanb

I have a dispute with Alice (formerly Tiscali) which will probably not be settled without intervention by a third party.  I think the person I need is the Médiateur des communications électroniques.  However, according to his website, there are two things I have to do first.  Step one is to write to the supplier's customer service department: I've done this, with no useful result.  Step two is to write to my "service consommateurs", but I don't know who this is: can anyone tell me how to find out?

Incidentally, the reply I got from Alice's so-called customer service department is so ludicrous that it may have some entertainment value.  The problem is that I am listed in the phone directory with an invalid number: it was allocated to me by Tiscali several years ago when I had an ISP contract with them, which was later cancelled.  I hadn't asked for a Tiscali phone number and didn't even know I had one until a friend complained that I hadn't replied to his messages.

The people who publish the directory say that they cannot change or delete the information given to them by the phone companies, so I wrote to Alice asking them to do it.

Their reply is: the only person who can change the information is me (which, in a way, supports what the directory publisher said).  However, the only way I can do it is through my espace de gestion en ligne: but since the contract has been cancelled, I don't have access to the on-line service.  So nothing can be done. 

Finally, in true French style, they thank me for my confidence in them and hope that I will soon be a customer again.  Some chance!

(Calling the erroneous number, by the way, produces nothing: either no reply, or an invitation to leave a message - to which nobody responds.)

Archived