Complete France Forum

Do Companies carry insurance that a customer may claim against?

Théière

In the UK if you had a problem where a mechanic caused damage you could pursue their insurer if you could not get any joy. Do French companies have the same thing?

I am talking about a lawnmower that was not repaired properly and broke the hydrostatic gearbox (very expensive to replace) and doesn't want anything to do with the problem except repair it at the customers cost.

The customers do have legal protection as part of their house insurance, what do you think are the options?

The mechanic should have insurance or can be sued. Talk to your house insurance company to see if they will take it on. It will need an expert to verify the damage and establish responsibility, which they can appoint. His insurance company or he will appoint their own expert to argue the toss and try to arrange things à l'amiable

My company is currently handling a big problem for me and I am impressed with their response and the professionalism of the experts though it is a bit slow.

Thank you very much we now have a clear route to pursue, in a letter to the customer the owner has said another customer had reported them to the fraud control office but they found nothing. Well a second visit may change that.

Archived