Complete France Forum

Ride-outs in Vienne, future plans.

Bugsy

Following on from consultations and in order to give more notice for planned days out it is proposed to organise days out on the second Sunday of each month.

The next dates, for your diaries are as follows;

Sept. 9th

Oct. 14th

Nov. 11th.

We really must do the run to SD's neck of the woods so I suggest we do that one in September. After that, well, lets have suggestions.

Ride safe...............................

Gary.

Hi Gary and welcome back!

I've made a note, thanks. I hope to do the September ride.

Ride-outs in Poitou-Charente! If we're going up north to see SD we'll be in Deux-Sèvres. [:)]  (There's always one smart-a**e)

Sid

Hi Nomad,

We normally meet up at a point convenient to those coming (if that makes sense). RV's on route are also arranged.

I had suggested that we have a run North but the race meeting at Vigeant may be of interest as its on that weekend.

All views welcome...................................

Hi Ron.............................

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bugbear,

You've gone quiet of late, just how many windows have you got left to finish? -------- really that many , tough . Anyway, the rideout for the 9th Sept., is it still on and are we calling round SD's for a cuppa as promised ?       [:-))]

I finished the windows and have nearly finished the new patio. That started with a small comment from SWMBO that "wouldn't it be nice to have a roof over that bit of concrete"

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/Bugbear2/Patio.jpg[/IMG]

This weekend looks unlikely for me as I now have a shoulder injury (old bloke thinks he can still work like a young 'un) syndrome.

Catch you later.

Gary

I guess it was my own fault for not checking yesterday but I thought the ride might still be on. I rode up to Sauze Vaussais SuperU this morning but nobody was there. I had a gentle meander up to Parthenay and back by a circular route on the minor D roads, 230kms and back for lunch at home. Fantastic roads, fantastic weather.

Sid

Hi Gary

I hope the shoulder is on the mend. The weather has picked up at last and now that most of the holidaymakers have gone it's even quieter on the roads.

The covered patio area looks good; have you constructed the roof yourself? How did you go about calculating loadings etc. I ask because I have a 21m long stable which I'd like to re-roof so that I can store the car and caravan under cover. I had a ridiculous 'devis' which I can't afford anyway, so I'd like to tackle it myself.

Yeah, I know this is not motorcycling... I'll pm you if you prefer [;-)]

Sid

[quote user="sid"]

The covered patio area looks good; have you constructed the roof yourself? How did you go about calculating loadings etc. I ask because I have a 21m long stable which I'd like to re-roof so that I can store the car and caravan under cover. I had a ridiculous 'devis' which I can't afford anyway, so I'd like to tackle it myself.

[/quote]

Yes, I did the whole lot myself.

The loading were calculated by both a local french builder and an english one. (they both came up with virtually the same timber dimensions)

Timber is from Brico Depot, (very cheap for class2 treated timber)

The tiles I already had (left by the previous owner) still got a good number left if anyone gets stuck.

It was, with hindsite, too heavy a job for me (old git) and I wouldn't entertain doing anything like that again.

[quote user="Bugbear"]

It was, with hindsite, too heavy a job for me (old git) and I wouldn't entertain doing anything like that again.

[/quote]

That's not what I wanted to hear! [:-))] The timbers were too heavy for one man? I've already convinced Mrs Sid that I can do it myself; she thought it was too a big a job for me! There's no hurry, so it can be a winter project! [blink]

Sid

Hi guys guess who lol. I am back all sorted out and ready to go and fealimg very French at last sorry I have been on to comment but I Have been so bizzy flying back and forth to the UK and working on the house. But I never for got you guys .Ok the second Sunday of evey month for ride outs sounds good to me ,  as it should tie in with the 2 weeks iam here in France every month but !!!! on the 14th Oct  my Dad flys in from the Uk so i wont be able to make it but will be around i supppose for the cold ride outs later on in the year ( just like a english hey summer ) LOL ok will be popping in and out of the fourm to see how you all are doing .have fun on the 14th  KEITHYBOY

I'm posting on behalf of my OH. He hasn't yet mastered "how to go on line".  We will be in the 24 from Dec/Jan (fingers crossed),   not permanently initially but very very regularly.  He is mad about his bikes and has managed to meet one other so far in the 24 who shares his love of off road and more recently touring, although he still does track days at Brands and other circuits even though he is probably older than all of you!  Question is, do any of you come into 24?  towards to northern end? or are any of you  in the 24.?  He'll go mad if he can't ride regularly.

many thanks all

Archived