Complete France Forum

Early ride out

Sunday Driver

Sun beating down here in Deux-Sevres for two consecutive days, so me and Mr Wiggy decided to chance a day out today on the bikes. 

Wiggy was up at 6am and changed his back tyre before coming up to my place to pick me up.  As it was still a bit chilly, we had a natter before setting off for a trip up to the Loire Valley. Dodging the early frosty patches, we arrived at Doué la Fontaine frozen stiff....[:-))]

After a brief stop to thaw out in the sunshine, we rode on to Saumur and parked up in the chateau car park, at which time Wiggy found his bottle of orange juice had a loose top and had produced a small orange lake in the bottom of his top box.....

Having emptied the box on the ground (it looked like a dog had had a pee up against his bike), we grabbed some lunch at the little Promenade cafe.  By now it was really nice and warm.

From there, we rode along the river road to Chinon where we sat on the riverside in the sun watching the talent walk by....

It doesn't get much better than that....[:D]

Know what you mean. I had to move the microlight out of the garage today so that I can get the bikes out. I went for a quick ride around and we will be out and about in the Dordogne tomorrow, looking for a nice lunch and enjoying the sunshine.

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Sun beating down here in Deux-Sevres for two consecutive days, so me and Mr Wiggy decided to chance a day out today on the bikes. 

Wiggy was up at 6am and changed his back tyre before coming up to my place to pick me up.  As it was still a bit chilly, we had a natter before setting off for a trip up to the Loire Valley. Dodging the early frosty patches, we arrived at Doué la Fontaine frozen stiff....[:-))]

After a brief stop to thaw out in the sunshine, we rode on to Saumur and parked up in the chateau car park, at which time Wiggy found his bottle of orange juice had a loose top and had produced a small orange lake in the bottom of his top box.....

Having emptied the box on the ground (it looked like a dog had had a pee up against his bike), we grabbed some lunch at the little Promenade cafe.  By now it was really nice and warm.

From there, we rode along the river road to Chinon where we sat on the riverside in the sun watching the talent walk by....

It doesn't get much better than that....[:D]

[/quote]

Those biker's will drink anything!

Me too!

Couldn't cope with two or more days of sunshine so pulled off the covers, checked a few things, wondered if I still knew how to ride a motorcycle,  and went for it on Sunday...

Great isn't it... it all comes back after a couple of miles, sorry kilometres. Took a flask of coffee and some bread and cheese, rode for a while, sat on a beach on the Cote Sauvage for a half-hour lunch and then rode some more... now I remember why I ride a bike and live in Poitou Charente.

Fell in with a well-ridden sports 600 for the last 15 miles home... life's pretty good isn't it?

Archived