Complete France Forum

non french speaker needs help with servicing English Pan in Charente/limoges dept 16

redpan

I have a Honda Pan and it needs it's second service, it is still English spec as I will sell it next year, any advice on where to get it serviced in dept 16 or 87. Will anyone service a bike that does not conform to french standards????

thanks

You'll have to be careful they don't change it to left hand drive[:D]

Moto Move have a reasonable reputation but, like a lot of motorbike/car dealers, I don't know how they make a living. I went in there to buy a new Husaberg, virtually had the cash hanging out of my top pocket but the salesman wouldn't get out of his chair so I bought a KTM instead.

Espace 7 is the Honda dealer in Limoges

hi

I can only really talk about personal experience.  The honda dealer in Limoges couldn't be bothered to spend any time with me when I was looking for a new 400 scooter.   A friendly salesman might very well have convinced me to buy a silverwing.  Go round and see which shop appeals to you,  write down some french phrases and see how you go.  I'm not sure that Moto Move (limoges centre) have replaced their mechanic yet, their other branch at Isle will be closer for you anyway.  Why any of them would do anything such as convert it to lhd without authority seems daft to me, a service is a service.  Good luck.

[quote user="bigears"]

Why any of them would do anything such as convert it to lhd without authority seems daft to me, a service is a service.  Good luck.

[/quote]

Of course they wouldn't - the LHD handlebars would be on back order......[;-)]

Redpan - ask the dealer to do a 'révision' and show them the service book voucher.  They'll understand what you want.

Archived