Jump to content
Complete France Forum

off road motorbiking

Dave D.

Recommended Posts

Dave, as in the UK your bike needs to be road legal and insured. To make a start finding tracks you can ride use the IGN 1:25000 (blue) maps. These are not always up to date but a good start. The only restriction are tracks with a sign that says no entry to 'moto' or 4 x 4s. Please ride sensibly as there is a lot of pressure to close the 'chemins' to motobikes and this has already happened in some departments (I don't think this is the case in 79 yet).
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Hi dave whereabouts in the deux sevres are you, I ride here in the charente maritime  around the st jean d'angeley area, There  are a lot of organised rides which you can take part in which you only need your road licence and not a racing or FFM licence (bike has to be roqd legal, doesnt have to be french registered as long as you have a log book and insurance).

I will pm you with my phone No if you are interested.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...