Complete France Forum

Power limits and bike size!!

Thebiga

I now know that all french motorcycles are supposed to be limited to 100hp which was what I thought.

Now you would think that if you wanted a sports bike that it would be better going for a 600cc (lighter,less power restriction) than say a 1000cc (Heavier,massive power restriction) A 1000cc bike with maybe 60hp chopped off it and the extra weight they must be a complete waste of really. A 600cc with maybe 25hp chopped off but being so much lighter must be the way to go. Or are all these people going about on 1000cc bikes taken the restrictions off !!

Not everyone wants to go about like you are on a race track but some people do want a quick bike now and then. Has anybody else been in the same situation and what have they gone for. I really wanted a 1000cc as I am not a small bloke but am thinking more towards a 600cc now. I would like to know what bikes others are riding etc and what they think, so its over to you.

Cheers 

Two bikes, 600 and 1000cc, both restricted to 106 bhp, which would be better to ride? The 1000 of course. The engine will have much more torque and be able to pull more weight and better up hills.

Most Hardly Davison riders have huge bellies, and they only produce about 65 bhp from 1400 cc.

Thanks for your input Bob. I am going more towards a 1000 twin as these will possibly have even more torque. I like the honda vtr sp1/sp2 a bit of a race bike for the road really but they are just so well put together and pretty rare. Also ducati of course.

Archived