Complete France Forum

London2Tbilisi- Rally for Charity; London-Tbilisi-Astana 2009

The Rally London to Tbilisi is an annual charity sporting event established and co-chaired by Levan Vasadze and Lord Gillford, sponsoring the following charities Saphekhurebi, The Shooting Star Children`s Hospice, and SOS Kazakhstan Childrens Orphanage. Its central goal is to help the charities in their work and to provide rally riders with a unique travel experience. The rally encompasses a demanding and an adventureous jurney across Europe traditionally ending on its edge in Tbilisi at Bagrationi 1882, a beautiful sparkling wine factory in Tbilisi, with a big reception and celebration, with the riders` loved ones flying in to see the riders finish and joining them on a romantic evening in Tbilisi.

Rally Route

London-Paris-Geneve-Venecia-Dubrovnik-Istanbul-Tbilisi-Baku- Turkmenbashi- Samarkand- Tashkent- Tajikistan- Almaty -Astana

Dates:

Departure from London - Sat 15 August 2009

Arrive to Tbilisi - Tue 25 August 2009

Arrive to Astana - Fri 4 September 2009

http://www.london2tbilisi.com

I am always suspicious of charity events that pollute the world and perhaps I am a killjoy but why not give money to charity directly rather than ask others to finance your 'charitee jolly'.

I am concerned that there are no pictures of previous events on the website and the post was from a first poster.

I would like to ride my bike to Tblisi but would save the £500 entry for fuel and my overheads.

Just checked and Lord Gillford does not exist - DO NOT PAY MONEY!

Archived