Complete France Forum

Replacement digital camera battery EN-EL1

Dog

[quote user="Dog"]... glad to say after one year the battery is still working fine! Well worth the saving.[/quote]Smashing.  Which one did you buy in the end - do you still have the Amazon link?  (Although no doubt they've changed anyway as these generics do tend to be sourced as cheaply as possible don't they?)  No harm in having a couple of backs-up at that sort of price.[:)]

I always suspect that the way I use my camera doesn't help battery life.  I tend to have two or three months when I take several thousand pics a month and then the rest of the year I hardly use it.  Must start going to Andros Trophy races or something.[:)]

Having had bad experiences a couple of years ago with non-Nikon batteries that were both put on charge before I left for an important event but almost completely flat when I put them in the camera, I have always treated such things cautiously.

There are good 'copies' out there - I since got one with the Energiser brand name on it which has been absolutely fine. I also found a thing on ebay - a genuine Nikon part, though I don't think you can buy then new any longer. It is shaped like the rechargeable battery but holds three alkaline cells, albeit of an odd size, for use in case of emergency. Needless to say, since getting it I have never had cause to use it in anger, but having it is reassuring.

I bought incredibly cheap generic spare batteries for my wife's Olympus and my Fuji on Ebay. Seems to be something of a lottery.

The Olympus one really is just a spare as it has a shorter span between charges than the original; but for some reason, the generic for the Fuji lasts longer than the Fuji battery.

I will no doubt soon regret mentioning this but neither generic seems to have deteriorated noticeably in performance since purchase over a year ago.

Archived