Complete France Forum

legal matters

charnizay

Apart from the obvious politeness which should be shown, I would like to know whether my neighbour can view my "ACTE DE VENT" should I give her my notaire's name and address, and what would be the situation should the notaire have retired?

[quote user="Patf"]I think (not sure) all Actes de Vente are accessible to the public in some office at the Prefecture.
[/quote]

You may be thinking of a Cerfa 3236 in the case of mortgage /hypothèque.

http://www.impots.gouv.fr/portal/dgi/public/popup?espId=0&typePage=cpr02&docOid=documentstandard_1326

Link noting Offices by Department, etc.

http://www.impots.gouv.fr/portal/deploiement/p1/fichedescriptive_1083/fichedescriptive_1083.pdf

[quote user="charnizay"]Apart from the obvious politeness which should be shown, I would like to know whether my neighbour can view my "ACTE DE VENT" should I give her my notaire's name and address, and what would be the situation should the notaire have retired?
[/quote]

Why not show her your copy or have you lost it?

If he has retired the successor will care for the "acte authentique". After 100 years it goes to the Departmental Archives.

It could also be in the form of an "acte authentique électronique".

I didn"t wish to muddy the waters but the service referred to above would also apply to the record of ownership for a property not subject to a mortgage.

OK it is usual for a property to be financed by a mortgage but this is not always the case, in my own case I purchased my property in france partly in cash up to the limit receivable by a notaire and the balance with Credit Agricole Guaranteed Cheque.

In retrospect I have only once in my life had a mortgage facility due to a silly lady introducing a thing called MIRAS; the International American Corporation , my employer, allowed me to receive similarly tax relief on the annual mortgage interest payment.

The effective dual cash flow improved significantly the IRR on the investment.

EDIT: "my employer" inserted.

Archived