Complete France Forum

bed linen

Liz

We have just returned to England after a week at our new flat near Chamonix. We have managed to buy most of the furniture we need , plus crockery/cutlery etc but ran up against some unexpected problems with bedding. All the duvet covers/sheets etc seem to be pure cotton. I know pure cotton is nice to sleep in, especially when it is hot, but I still want to buy some non-iron bedding. I have NO intention of spending my holiday ironing! Anyone any ideas where to buy? I have thought about taking it from here, but that means I will have to buy the duvets here as well because of the different sizes, and that means in the next couple of trips we will have some very bulky luggage! 

any recommendations welcome (and if anyone knows what the term for "non iron" is in french so that I can do a search on the web that would also be welcome)

thanks

Liz

I bought some bedding on ebay.fr which was good quality and good price. Bu if you aren't in France full time it might be awkward for delivery. Mine is cotton but I don't iron it - just fold carefully. Pat.

Simple solution - don't iron it!! I am proud to say I have never ironed

bedding in my life....... I LOATHE ironing generally and life is way too

short to iron pillowcases and duvet covers!

Lou

[quote user="Lou"]Simple solution - don't iron it!! I am proud to say I have never ironed bedding in my life....... I LOATHE ironing generally and life is way too short to iron pillowcases and duvet covers!
Lou

[/quote]

Someone after my own heart; after the first night it's wrinkled anyway, so why bother?

We saw jersey cotton sheets for sale in Leclerc yesterday but like most of the other replies you've had we always buy pure cotton and then take care in folding them when dry. There doesn't seem to be a Leclerc store near you but if they sell them, then presumably all the other supermarket chains will.

Benjamin

Thanks everyone for your replies. W also loath ironing - at home we pay someone else to do the essentials! Most of our duvet covers at home are poly-cotton or non iron cotton, and I just tumble dry and fold them, but one set is 100% heavy cotton and they look dreadful if they are not ironed - so I dont want to make that mistake with all the bedding for the flat.

I have found out that there is an Ikea in Lausanne which is not too far for us to go so I am going to see what they have to offer - we can check it out here and then buy there.

Liz

Saddleworth

Archived