Complete France Forum

Missing tickets / letter "suivi"

Crevette

I ordered some tickets with Ticketnet and dispite the message "Le courrier a été déposé dans la boîte à lettres du destinataire." I have never received the tickets.

The post said to contact Ticketnet - Ticketnet say to contact the Post (surprise surprise).

Ticketnet want me to see with the post "exactly where they were put". I have written to them asking them this but I doubt if I will get  areply.

I basically think the tickets are now lost/stolen and there is nothing to do about it (173 euros - ouch!). Maybe there is a chance through the insurance but I'm clutching at straws...

It would have been different if ;

i) the tickets were "numerated" instead of for the "foss" section.

ii) The letter was "suivi avec recommandé"

It is the last time I order tickets in this way and I would advise others to always go with recommandé or better still to pick up the tickets at a place like FNAC. 

Regards,

-Rob-

----------

SUIVI ;

Courrier n° xxxxxxxxxxxx (Fréquence C) : Distribué par PARIS (75017) le

06/10/2006.

Le courrier a été déposé dans la boîte à lettres du destinataire.

Historique :

le 06/10/2006 : Arrivé au bureau distributeur de PARIS (75017)

Rob, I am sorry to hear of your problem, but let's hope you are able to get a refund as Ticketnet must surely take responsibility  for the safe delivery of the tickets, even if they have to make a claim off their insures. I know that France does not operate like the UK where suppliers will take responsibility for goods not received.

I will only book and pay for any tickets over the Internet, provided the company operates a ticketless system, such as Ferry's, Eurotunnel, Airlines etc. With this method your are not in the hands of the post and you get your ticket instantly. IMO any company that is Internet based for the issue of tickets should not operate without a ticketless method..

Baz

Thanks Baz!

Unfortunately I think the circumstances surrounding the tickets mean that i don't have much hope - apparantly there was a report on French TV recently which was about "la post" staff stealing letter/parcels which are of value/interest - it seems it is quite a regular occurence.

-Rob-

[quote user="Crevette"]

Thanks Baz!

Unfortunately I think the circumstances surrounding the tickets mean that i don't have much hope - apparantly there was a report on French TV recently which was about "la post" staff stealing letter/parcels which are of value/interest - it seems it is quite a regular occurence.

-Rob-

[/quote]Interesting.  I have always wondered why the ACO send Le Mans tickets by UPS courriers.  Perhaps this is why.

Did you pay by credit card? I eventually got a refund on some SNCF tickets - they weren't lost, quite the opposite in fact, having been duplicated through an SNCF computer error - but SNCF wouldn't cooperate until I threatened to involve Mastercard. Then they miraculously made a refund for the unused tickets.

Always worth using a credit card if you can for purchases like this, rather than a French debit card.

Archived