Complete France Forum

Billiard Table-Help!

PossumGirl

The son of one of my friends desperately wants a billiard table for Christmas.  After visiting every toy and sporting goods store and calling every Depot Vente from Toulouse to Perpignan, she has come up empty. The worst has been getting to a store where they say, "Oh, we had a great one but sold it last week," which has happened twice.

She did manage to find a French billiard table, but I was surprised to learn that these are not the same as American/British billiiards.  Who knew?

Anyway, we're in the Aude, but she would be happy to drive a pretty fair distance to get one.  If anyone here has one sitting around that they've been thinking of selling, could you let me know and I'll put you in touch with my friend Noëlle. 

Thanks.

PG

[quote user="Dick Smith"]I knew, actually (but I must admit the knowledge had never, even in any small way, been of any use in my life).

At the risk of being totally predictable - tried eBay?

[/quote]

I think she did, Dick.  She is having a bit of a problem looking online at the moment.  She is our librarian and the library has been without internet access for over 3 weeks because Cegetel is having a problem with the reseau!  She doesn't have internet access at home, so she needs to use other people's computers in her spare time.

PG

John, she actually went and looked at that one, but her son really wants an American billiards table. However, I think she found one in the 09 that only needs to have the felt replaced, so she was going to take a look at it yesterday.  With luck, that will solve her problem.

PG

Thanks.  She wound up finding one at a Troc L'Isle in Perpignan.  It's apparently an antique, so a slightly smaller size, even the balls are smaller than the current ones, which is interesting.  But it's in great shape and was a VERY reasonable price: under 200€!  She's quite delighted and can't wait for tonight when her son gets to see it.

PG

Archived