des PME, du commerce, de l’artisanat et des professions libérales a

recommandé la date du mercredi 10 janvier 2007, à 8 heures du matin,

sachant que le coup d’envoi des soldes est fixé dans chaque département

par les préfets, après consultation des professionnels et des

consommateurs. Leur durée est identique dans tous les départements :

six semaines au maximum. La DGCCRF publie en ligne dès qu’elles sont

connues pour chacun des départements les dates d’ouverture et de

fermeture des soldes.

• Site de la Direction générale de la concurrence, de la consommation et de la répression des fraudes (DGCCRF)

Dates des soldes d’hiver 2007

• Site de la Direction générale de la concurrence, de la consommation et de la répression des fraudes (DGCCRF)

Soldes et promotions

As Clair has shown all one has to do is look on the Service Public web site and it is indicated there for both the summer and winter sales. And the start and finish dates are clearly indicated for each department.

There have been fairly strict laws pertaining to les soldes in France, and these are in the process of changing somewhat;  certainly with regards to what % discount the vendors can offer.

As Clair has shown all one has to do is look on the Service Public web site and it is indicated there for both the summer and winter sales. And the start and finish dates are clearly indicated for each department.

There have been fairly strict laws pertaining to les soldes in France, and these are in the process of changing somewhat;  certainly with regards to what % discount the vendors can offer.

[quote user="David_Janet"]

Does anyone know when the January Sales start in france, please?

Thanks

David

[/quote]

Are the sales in France a mad frenzy of pushing and shoving, sitting all night outside of a store awaiting its' opening, or does it only happen in the UK?

I have never seen the same frenzy in France as in the UK over the sales - the recent sales in UK have seen according to the press fighting women and much pushing and shoving.   I always take the attitude that there is nothing I need that much to get involved.

I hope that we shall never see this happening in France, likewise the pictures in the press over the New Year in the UK of drunken, out of control young women, lying in the gutter- all this apparently in the name of having a good time!

Happy New Year everyone

Archived