Complete France Forum

Jolly tasty curry from a packet!

Clair

From a recent comment in another thread, I know this post is not going to be to everyone's liking, but we've just had a jolly tasty butter chicken, cooked at home from a packet bought in France from Packetcurry.com.

We do not have an Indian chef at home, the nearest Indian restaurant is over an hour away and this is as close as we're likely to get to a proper curry!

I noticed after I had ordered that they are also mentioned in the last issue of Living France.

The usual clarification: I have no link to them whatsoever, I am just a happy customer [:)]

[quote user="Clair"]From a recent comment in another thread, I know this post is not going to be to everyone's liking, but we've just had a jolly tasty butter chicken, cooked at home from a packet bought in France from Packetcurry.com.

We do not have an Indian chef at home, the nearest Indian restaurant is over an hour away and this is as close as we're likely to get to a proper curry!

I noticed after I had ordered that they are also mentioned in the last issue of Living France.

The usual clarification: I have no link to them whatsoever, I am just a happy customer [:)][/quote]

But it looks as if you have to pay with PayPal and that is open to abuse...There have been phishing scams I believe

And €3,15 for delivery seems steep for a €3,50 curry

That ties in with his reply to me when I raised the same concerns as I posted here:

"thanks for contacting me. I hate PayPal as well so there is an option

to pay be cheque during check out. I don't wait for the cheque to

arrive before posting out orders, I just trust that people will pay -

and they always do which is nice"

"I don't make a dime on delivery, I simply pass on the cost as la poste

charge it to me. Like you said it does look expensive if you just order

1 packet, but believe it or not nobody actually has; firstime buyers

usually go for 3 packets and there after anything betwwen 5 and 18 -

and I'd say most customes reorder!"

I was pleasantly surprised to receive the order so quickly! I am quite sure they must have received my chq the same day I received the goods.

The butter chicken is tingly spicy and very flavoursome.

Must defrost some chicken for the next taste test, a biryani...