Complete France Forum

postage rates to UK

Yvonne

Does anyone know how the postage rates work for sending parcels to the UK?

I understand , from the UK to France, there is a 'small packet rate' which works out the cheapest way of sending parcels - even if you send several as opposed to 1 large parcel. My parents recently halved the cost of postage by doing this. Is there a similar possibility here in France?

I recently sent a parcel to the UK, it weighed just over 1 kg. The lady in the po told me that I could only send it by 'international' colissimo and it cost me 32.75€ !  I tried to ask if there was a cheaper option (ie: if I broke it into smaller parcels etc) but she just said 'no' and wasn't particularly helpful.

I'd be grateful if anyone can explain the parcel policy to me and if there are any cheaper ways of doing it! I could possibly have got a ryanair flight and hand carried it for that price!!! [:)]

Thanks

Abi

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
'I tried to ask if there was a cheaper option (ie: if I broke it into

smaller parcels etc) but she just said 'no' and wasn't particularly

helpful'

Nothing changed at La Poste then!!  I have to say that in my experience and in common with my French friends and neighbours opinion, the staff at  La Poste in our small town appear to come from the planet ZOG. They know not how to smile, speak or even act remotely with interest to their customers who happen to pay their wages. I have nightmares about going in to post anything. BUT when it comes to the posty, what a difference, always cheerful and very friendly.

• 2 weeks later...