Complete France Forum

Good free Graphics/Design software??

Kazanton

Can anyone help?

I am looking for a good, basic graphics software package. I can't afford Photoshop (although I have used it and like it), SmartDraw (used that as well) isn't fully functional enough for me and Paint is far too basic. I'm running Win98SE and it's for my laptop.

I came up with the brilliant idea to do a French/English website for OUR commune. The two that are out there for Cléguérec are both old and lame. It will be a good way to 'give back' to the community, I can use my web-writing skills (ok, well, basic knowledge, I took a website design course.. lol, but I can draw/design) and it gives me a project to do because I get bored easy (idle hands are the devil's playground as my Aunts would say.) So I just need a graphics package to muck about with for the 'front end', the pretty bit you can see on a website.

Trouble is, I got a recommendation from a graphic artist for a free programme you could get off the internet and lost the info. Can't get in touch with him now. So I was hoping someone out there could give a personal recommendation possibly? Must be worth downloading and as free as possible!

Thank you for the help

Try www.download.com or www.tucows.com both of whom have a wide range of shareware ane freeware CAD, design and drawing programmes to download. I have used one called 'fastcad' and for everyday playing around with fittings and furniture 'roomaaranger'. If you have a problem feel free to contact me www.leschenauds.com

Try The Gimp, it's an open-source Photoshop clone that I think supports photoshop (and other) plug-ins.. If you are used to photoshop, it has 99% of the features, just a different layout. It was originally designed for *nix systems, but these days there is a very good Windows Version as well.

See http://www.gimp.org/windows/ for more details/downloads etc.

I've also sent you a PM..

Archived