Complete France Forum

Petrol remote control cars ?

Lilly

Anyone out there no somat about these frustrating things, We bought my son for Christmas a petrol remote control 4x4 it has never been able to properly start dispite 2 return trips to the shop. Not even for its first using up of the petrol tank before you are allowed to run it properly, it takes so many pulls on the start cord with the bougie in place we give it oodles of time to discharge the excess fuel but the cord breaks. The shop tells me you have to be a bricolure (sorry don't know if thats spellt correctly)yes I can fully appreciate that BUT if you can't get it to run how can you adjust all the thingys that you need to turn to get it to run continuosly in the first place, as you can tell it is me Mum that is typing this and my knowedge of machanics is ziltch mon hubby is better but not much of a machanic and I'm sure that a level of common sense and a smuttering of machanical understanding is really all that should be required and not be shumachers (sorry can't spell that either)right hand man. OK,OK I'll burn my bra if that helps!! Any contact will be very greatfully appreciated. Oh anyone noticed that the spell check icon don't werk.

if you have a look at http://www.traxxas.com/  they have a forum where you can obtain loadsa knowledge.

their forum is really for people with the traxxas brand of RC trucks but you will find the guys on there very helpful.

if your pull start keeps snapping its probly cos you've flooded the engine and got hydrolock which will stop the engine turning over.

what make is the model out of interest, with the instruction you should have a notice of what the factory settings are for the carb. if not you need to find out what they are and set them then work from there.

mike

Archived