Complete France Forum

Forgot to say Chelsea Vs LiverPool on TF1

Miki

Tonight for those of us without the full Sky package, you can watch the semi final 1st leg on TF1.

There's an advantage in having French players, they will often show important games when French players are in one or both of the teams.

Now where's the rabbits foot .............I know, I know..... around 30 cm from it's head

Hi Miki.

I saw it on ordinary french TV, no Sky needed. It's the first time I have seen Stamford Brige for ages, usually see an odd French game. Sorry but first what struck me was how great it was to see all the fans so close to the pitch. I love that, i'm sure it was similar at Highbury but I am so out of touch I don't know whether Arsenal (sorry Miki) still play there

Don't know about Old Trafford (sorry Miki) the last few times I've ben there I was lucky enough to get a very lazy journalists seat, just behind fergies head, close to the pitch.

It looked so tough to me, the game itself, compared to French league games I see. Is that why the top players want to play in the Premier League?: Joe Cole got yellow carded, and there was one replay. I could not see what he had done, to me it looked like nothing. Later, another Chelsea player, sorry name began with an H, but he stamped on someones foot, deliberately it seemed to me. I give up understanding it all.

No goals seems to be a disappointment here, (we had M. Ricardo watching with us), but for me it was just one of those good, could have gone either way games.

tresco

Hi Tresco,

Yes I think a draw was fair. We never conceded an away goal which was very useful. Now we shall see what happens next Tuesday at Anfield.

"TF1" that I mentioned in the original post is standard French TV Tresco. Channel one normally on your remote. I watched it with a Belgian and a couple of Frenchmen. They loved it and the French TV commentator was quite impressed as well don't you think ?

Arsenal are still at Highbury but will be moving next season to their brand new stadium.

Manchester have spent a fortune on their ground just like most of the premiership clubs.

Miki, my remote is a mess. We have a happy 1O minutes every evening working out what '2' , '3' etc really means.

As to the commentary, yes, there were plenty of 'oooh la la's'. Tis a bit of a struggle for me without the subtitles, I admit I am reliant on them, but I thought they singled out Johnson, in your bluey defence, as playing well.

Thanks for the update about Highbury, I am so out of touch. Old Trafford is a stupendous ground, whoever you support. It is magnificent. I had a job where I was able to spend a bit of time there, with people from lots of different countries. I had to know a bit about it, but they were just seriously impressed. The costs would blow anyones minds, in terms of the expansion alone, just for a strip of land 4 metres wide. In London it must be even worse.

Speaking to Man City fans about their new ground, they are so sad. All this 'major' change stuff is, but we, or our children hopefully, will get over it, and still love the game. Even if it is Nantes v Rennes

Archived