Complete France Forum

Off-road motorcycling

Yes - have ridden enduros, trail ride now. My son is off to Portugal for some off roading next week, you can hire a KTM 400 for €140 a day which isn't a bad price considering they are thrashed mercilessly for 10 hours the other 2 less so.

Plenty of off road here in 24.

• 1 month later...

Is there anywhere in France you can do it?...

My OH does it here in Wales but with new laws being rushed through Parliament to downgrade some byways etc... he and his buddies (2 legged and liquid versions) are finding it a pain and possibly an end to their Sunday outings ...

I am trying desperately to move Him!! to France that I can be near my French family but this Enduro thing is one of the many obstacles put accross the move!...

I knew there would be someone out there. Missyesbut, the rules are apparantly going to change here in France as well, but for the moment, lack of places to ride is hardly a valid excuse for not moving to France. Hunters are a pain at this time of year, especially on Sundays so I try to go out on weekdays, but even then when I do come across hunters they, like the ramblers in the UK are rarely more than 100m from the car park.

Dog, which part of 24 are you in? Around here in the north east there are plenty of lanes but they are rather tame. I hope the Portugese KTM can take the strain, in my limited experience of KTs they're not the most reliable or easiest thing to start.

[quote]I knew there would be someone out there. Missyesbut, the rules are apparantly going to change here in France as well, but for the moment, lack of places to ride is hardly a valid excuse for not moving...[/quote]

My family is from South 79.

One day... I'll manage to move the Masterdonte Limposaurus, complete with Serrow, CCM and other bike (in bits on the barn floor!) ..... it will take some doing but I'll get there!...

Archived