Complete France Forum

Model Cars

redmike

Having bought L'Orient Express through Altaya, I have to say I am less than impressed with their distributors Data Warehouse.

Problems:

slow actioning of paymenets resulting in reminders being sent out - sometimes twice

despite taking a subscription out immediately, some items were sold out by the time they were due to be delivered due to them (Altaya or Data warehouse I know not) selling to non-subscribers.  Unforgivable in my opinion.

items not delivered but invoiced - 5 months to sort that out including a threat of legal action from their side since I would not pay for what was not delivered.  Eventually resolved when they did deliver.

Taking direct payments from my account for deliveries although they had received no authorisation for prelevement.

I would not use them again sorry to say, although the quality of the models was acceptable,the quality of the accompanying documentation was lacking and in some cases just plain wrong.

"Data Warehouse" should have read "Data Base factory" - sorry for that - senior moment.

If you do have problems with them, do not bother writing - beyond the bar code and your debit card number they seem incapable of reading paperwork

do not bother phoning - you are put on hold - I gave up after 15 mintues

do contact themn through their website by e-mail.  Unusually for a French Company they are very fast and efficient via this route.

[quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Ian Horn"]

This is a 'bloke' thread (though anyone can join in, I suppose).

Things like cars, trains, aircraft - that sort of thing.  As opposed to dolls, jam, that sort of stuff.

Since it seems to be 'the thing' to ask James for, can we have a 'blokey' type Section? 

[/quote]

Best hope Cooperlola doesn't get wind of this post as well, Ian! [:D]
[/quote]Just have.   Fume....

And I just don't get the railway bit either, having spent a good time of my life working for them and discussing trains for years.  One of our barns is a small part of the US railroad and I think between us, Mr and Mrs Cooperlola have about 500 model cars.

True story : Mr Cooperlola once bought me a 1:24 scale 'vette C5 and proudly showed it to his colleagues at work.  "You didn't buy it for your wife, did you? - it's really for you."  Wrong!  Came back from a holiday in the UK to find a David Piper signed scale model of a Lola T70.  Flowers... pooh.

• 4 weeks later...
This week I finally got around to making a display cabinet for my Ferrari collection and yesterday I unpacked them from the cardboard packing cases in the barn where they have languished for years, ever since we moved here. 

None broken - result!!!! [:D] [:D] [:D]

I buy military figures and mags on Napoleonic history for people in the UK and send them on to them, as I collect them myself it's easy to have the necesary extra copies of Tradition, Empire et Gloire etc on order and just post them on.

Bloke in my Presse seems to think I'm his long lost brother when I stagger out with 5 copies of a Napoleonic mag at 17E a shot, even bought me a coffee a few weeks ago when I bumped into him in the street ........ 

Archived