Complete France Forum

Lord of the Dance

TWINKLE

Last month I took pity on a single male friend of ours and offered to do his ironing as he was working non-stop and was having trouble getting it done.  I though there would be a couple of shirts.  There were 19 long sleeved shirts!!!  I dropped them off at his place while he was away working and even hung them all up for him and then  forgot all about it.

I've just found two tickets in my letter-box for Michael Flatleys "Lord of the Dance"  with a not saying "Thanks for the shirts!"  I'm so pleased. It's at the Zenith in Toulouse on 3rd December.

Has anyone been to see it? 

I don't believe this!

I hope he's going to be okay but it says he's cancelled his "Celtic Tiger" european tour.  I have tickets for "Lord of the Dance".  Now- it's either a different show - one that he is not performing in, OR the french are calling it "Lord of the Dance" because "Celtic Tiger" wouldn't be recognisable to the french public and wouldn't sell tickets. 

Oh well, I'll just ring up the FNAC box office.

Ian!

You wanted to know what a Diva is doing ironing shirts?

The answer is - I was board!!!

Boum! Boum!

Thanks Cat.  I sort of expected this! 

It happened to me a few years ago in London - I got tickets to see "Tommy - The musical" and Kim Wilde was playing the mother.  On the night we saw the performance,  she was having a few days off and it was her understudy playing the part. 

I was disappointed then, but I won't mind Michael not being there.

I went to see Riverdance at the Zenith in Toulouse last year with a french friend, she's a complete fan.  She has tickets to see Lord of the Dance in Toulouse, and if she thought the show had been cancelled I'd have to be hiding the sharp knives and talking her down from the window sill.

• 2 weeks later...

I took my 7 year old daughter with me to see it today and we both had the best time.  The stewardess asked us if we wanted to sit down the front as there was still room so we had a great view.  It really is worth going to see -  great entertainment.

How happy are those dancers and artists?  I've never seen so many people all smiling at the same time - it's like being on the the forum[:-))]

• 1 month later...

Archived