Complete France Forum

Six Nations opening games

PeterG

Don’t know about Wales but both Baldshaw and Moody are out for England, hurt in training and as for Wilkinson, well he has had 11 injuries and he has not played international rugby for three years now (officially 1169 days) and has only played for 40 minutes in the last 12 weeks.

Ladbrokes have Wales at 6/4 but Ireland (my guess as well) at 6/4 and is favourite.

Either Italy, Wales or Scotland are thought to come last with OGara (IRL) being the biggest point scorer (which I am not to sure about IF Wilki can get on form but he is under a huge amount of pressure and I don’t think he will last the course)  and Christophe Dominici (FRA), Andrew Trimble (IRE), Brian ODriscoll (IRE) as the biggest try scorers

So when you add it all up I think this year it could be Ireland, well lets face it the bookies never like giving money away. I think Italy might win one or two games as well, they are getting a better and better but still a long way off.

Well that’s my thoughts anyway.

Thanks Quillan,

I saw your posts regarding the times etc. but these were for the UK only. I will be over this weekend, in France, and for the first time in three years we have a TV (but not satellite), this is why I wanted to know if the games were on terrestrial. We will have to see if Ashton can enthuse the squad better than Robinson did. On paper it seems a good team but there again it did last year !!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Quillan"]

Latest odds from Sporting Life in order of favorites.:

Ireland - 6/4

France - 5/2

England - 7/2

Wales - 9/2

Scotland - 33/1

Italy - 125/1

[/quote]

If Wales get off to a good start against Ireland (and I just somehow feel that they might) then that 9/2 could be pretty attractive.  I'm a sort-of closet Welshman at heart.

Ah but the Italian captain and another italian guy play for Narbonne and they have played very well this year (the rest of the team is a different matter). I wouldn't mind putting a bet on them being in the first four.

As for England, well I try to be possitive but if Wilky gets nobbled in the first match, I mean he is a bit like glass, then we don't really have a decent kicker and the Scots are putting three heavy weight players out to do just that.

Guess we will have to wait till Saturday and Sunday to see how things start off.

Best of luck all round I guess.

First there was God then there was Jonny Wilkinson [:D] .

It was not a try.

I thought it was a brilliant game and an excellent selection.

Personally I think Ellis was man of the match.

See the odds have changed, Ireland are now 13/8 and England have moved up to 9/4

Lets see how Wales do tomorrow.

Archived