Complete France Forum

JONNY WILKINSON

Cassis

[quote user="Llwyncelyn"]

Cassis with the greatest of respect your view of the 'try' is through rose coloured glasses.  A try? that is like saying the Thames does not flow through London and it does not have it source near Cricklade.

I am like you a true patriot but a sense of balance is called for and it was not a try and there are those who have played the game at a professional level who totally agree.  Just because the build up to the try is first class does not again with respect justify an absolute cr..p decision.

Still it does not matter its a game there are more important things going on in this world at this moment in time.

[/quote]

With the greatest of mutual respect, no rose coloured glasses here. Read my post and you'll see I said it was not a try.  There are dodgy decisions in every game - like Ireland v. Wales today, the Welsh lad with the E European sounding name was clearly tripped/tackled off the ball when chasing the ball down towards the Irish line for a probable try, but instead a knock-on was given against him. When the dodgy decision goes in your favour you celebrate, when it  doesn't you hold your head in your hands.  [:D]

Well he is still on form. I wonder what the score line would have been against Italy if he was not there, a bit worrying really.

Can somebody explain the Scotland v Wales game. It must have been the worst game I have seen for years. I nearly fell asleep half way through because it was so bad.

Can't wait for Ireland France, sould be the game of the series.

Quillan I had to rush back yesterday in time to see the game.  I turned it off at half time.  What a game what a performance.  It is too horrendous to contemplate but around the corner we have to play England and France.  I am going away to the West Indies for the World cup cricket and thank goodness for that.

For those disenchanted with RU, the Rugby League season started yesterday and Hull KR now in Superleague beat Wakefield. A good game , with plenty of flow and less penalties than Union. We lived in Hull for a long time so have 2 teams to support. Pat.

It wasn't just Wales though, Scotland played just as bad. Mind you, as already said, England was not at it's best. Llwyncelyn, talk about out of the frying pan in to the fire, is it England your going to watch. Still at least the weather will be nice.

Rugby WHAT, never heard of it, is that what American baseball is to rounders, sort of a girls game [:P] ? Having said that the England ladies are doing well in the Six Nations [;-)] .

In the next hour another battle will commence!! Irland-France at Croke Park.

The French press this morning announced quite unashamedly that 'Les Bleus vont à Croke Park où les croque-mitaines vont les avoir!' (From a sporting commentator on France-Inter this morning at 8am)

Meaning that the Irish are going to make mince-meat out of  'Les Bleus'. A croque-mitaine is a very severe punishing and avaricious witch type of a person. They were often invoked by parents when children were up to mischief, to make children behave and be quiet. 

Over all I think the Irish will win the Grand Slam. They deserve it after waiting patiently some 20+ years for it.... England or France second and some consolation for the Welsh as they won't have the wooden spoon.... The Italians are here for that....

[quote user="Missy"]

Over all I think the Irish will win the Grand Slam. They deserve it after waiting patiently some 20+ years for it.... England or France second and some consolation for the Welsh as they won't have the wooden spoon.... The Italians are here for that....

[/quote]

Don't be too sure about the Italians coming last. I think they may come well up within the bottom three.

It doesn't matter what the ball game is, nor at what level, we all know that if you see 10 matches, one will be excellent, one awful, and the rest somewhere in between (to varying degrees of good or mediocrity).

Last weekend, we had 3 reasonably good games (but none excellent).  Yesterday we had one awful (Eng - Italy) and one very average one. In the whole Championship, we're unlikely to get more than a couple of really good ones.  Here's hoping this afternoon's is one of them.

[quote user="Missy"]

A croque-mitaine is a very severe punishing and avaricious witch type of a person. They were often invoked by parents when children were up to mischief, to make children behave and be quiet.

[/quote]

Croque-mitaine = The Bogey-man  [6]

Not going quite to plan for the Irish ... not surprising, though, given the enforced team changes.

Archived