Complete France Forum

Six Nations 2007

Quillan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote user="Cassis"]Definitively not.  New man, new broom, new golden era. 

England storm through to win the Grand Slam and go on to retain World Cup, Jonny Wilkinson kicking winning drop goal in dying moments.

[Www]
[/quote]

Somebody wake Cassis up [:D] .

Quil,

I bought them from the official World Cup site and was not asked for the names of the other people included in my order. I accept that the games i'm going to see aren't the best but the atmosphere with the Irish and Aussie fans should be good. Also my sons are 11 and 14 and are not really bothered who they see or where they sit (our tickets are behind the goalposts). We all went to Germany last June and saw five games involving the lesser teams which was a great experience and something that they'll always remember. So i'm sure they'll have a great time come September.

Tim.

[quote user="Cassis"]I've just had the most wonderful dream - just click here to see it:

Magic Jonny - am I dreaming?

[/quote]

Halcyon days Cassis - I remember it well.  We only had French TV and boy do the commentators get excited.  The guy nearly choked screaming for Jonny, Monsieur Superboot!!

Now that you've woken up though, will you please take that dress off! [:@]  An England shirt would be much more appropriate.

[quote user="Quillan"]I see that the touts are already offering semi final tickets at between 800 and 900 Euros so it would seem that the security precautions do not work although of course we don't really know if that is true till people try and get in to see a game. [/quote] That's interesting Chris because according to the official World Cup site tickets for the semis and the final aren't even going on sale til later this year!

[quote user="timc17"]

Quil,

I bought them from the official World Cup site and was not asked for the names of the other people included in my order. I accept that the games i'm going to see aren't the best but the atmosphere with the Irish and Aussie fans should be good. Also my sons are 11 and 14 and are not really bothered who they see or where they sit (our tickets are behind the goalposts). We all went to Germany last June and saw five games involving the lesser teams which was a great experience and something that they'll always remember. So i'm sure they'll have a great time come September.

Tim.

[/quote]

I think actually Ireland are the ones to watch this year they have been playing very well. Not being a betting man I don't have a clue what the bookies are offering on them but I would like to think that they are somewhere near the favourites. I am sure your boys will enjoy the experience and especially the atmosphere. I really hope you enjoy your games.

[quote user="Coco"][quote user="Quillan"]I see that the touts are already offering semi final tickets at between 800 and 900 Euros so it would seem that the security precautions do not work although of course we don't really know if that is true till people try and get in to see a game. [/quote] That's interesting Chris because according to the official World Cup site tickets for the semis and the final aren't even going on sale til later this year![/quote]

Heres one website I found http://www.onlineticketshop.nl/content/details.asp?taal_id=2&evenement_id=6118  (there are quite a few others as well) on a very quick google search and they are selling Cat1 semi final tickets for 1,015 Euros. I think what you get is voucher the same as in the 'Packs' which you exchange for the ticket after the quarter finals are played seeing as nobody can possibly know who will be in the semi's until then (although we may all have our own particular dreams of course).

Do you think that can be legal?  Surely if the official site haven't even released any tickets yet then these people are selling something they don't have to sell.  And if the official site have promised to provide tickets on the back of these vouchers they would be actively encouraging touting [8-)]

[quote user="Coco"]Do you think that can be legal?  Surely if the official site haven't even released any tickets yet then these people are selling something they don't have to sell.  And if the official site have promised to provide tickets on the back of these vouchers they would be actively encouraging touting [8-)][/quote]

If you buy a 'Pack' from the official website that includes quarter, semi and final tickets then they are avaiable but what you get is not actually a ticket for the quarter, semi and final, you get a voucher which you then exchange for a ticket when the tickets become available. If you go to the official website it is explained there how it works.

What I suspect is happening (I hope I am wrong) is that these companies are buying the vouchers from those that have bought the 'Packs' because they can't go to one of the finals for one reason or another. However, it does imply that by the method used to sell the tickets and that the name of the purchaser is on the ticket it's going to be a bit difficut for them (the touts) to cheat the system. As I said we will see.

It's interesting to note that this year you can't actually buy a ticket through your local rugby club like before (last time the tickets were delivered to the clubs only 7 days before a game but some clubs actually got theirs weeks before and people flogged the ones they didn't want). You must buy a ticket through a nominated agent in your area. To get our tickets we must go to a guy who runs the local AXA agency who has nothing to do with our local rugby club. This stops clubs from selling their excess tickets to touts.

Added - I see both World Cup and Six Nations tickets are available on Ebay (UK). The sad thing is the World cup tickets are still for sale officially and much cheaper. You have to laugh.

Doesn't seem a very failsafe way of doing things to me.  I hope it's not going to turn into one of those farces where half the stadium is empty because the touts have bought up all the tickets and then people won't or can't pay the prices!  We were going to join our local rugby club so that we might be able to get some tickets but unfortunately time has not permitted us to do it yet.  Seems as though we won't miss out by that route after all.  Are AXA official sponsors?  That might explain his involvement.

[quote user="Missy"]

[quote user="Just Katie "]Bugbear, I would never turn my back on my country just because I am surrounded by the opposition.  [/quote]

Katie quite right!. I have been in pubs in Wales (when Wales play France) and I am waving the Frenchflag, with my French shirt on, singing away in French and giv'em the Welshies a real go when France is winning and I receive the same when the table has turned in the course of one same match. We all end up having some real fun time after! Win or lose! That's what I like about rugby!

Bugbear you must be a fluffy cat [:$] if the French burley farm boyos intimidate you.... 

I had to edit this! because it ***** out the word p u s s y c a t [:-))] as in 'The owl and the pussycat went to sea in a beautiful pea green boat !' ......

and I am sure it will now as I push the post button!......

[/quote]

Just dont go into a Welsh pub wearing an England shirt when its Wales vs England, at least not in Ceredigion. My son and son-in-law were "ejected" in horizontal mode for doing just that. I have to say it was not an unexpected reaction from the locals. (the pub was the Crymych Arms)

[quote user="powerdesal"]
Just dont go into a Welsh pub wearing an England shirt when its Wales vs England, at least not in Ceredigion. My son and son-in-law were "ejected" in horizontal mode for doing just that. I have to say it was not an unexpected reaction from the locals. (the pub was the Crymych Arms)
[/quote]

Ceredigion is a whole little foreign count(r)y which even the Welsh are afraid of !! [:-))]

We are a bit more civilised in Montgomeryshire, we support the French when the English are playing Wales  [:-))] 

[;-)][Www]

• 4 weeks later...

If you paid for a ticket and saw the game I think you would have had your monies worth, it was the best game so far. Ireland were lucky the score was not more. France should have had around 20 points by the end of the first half and then there was that unlicky (edit: should have been unlucky but [;-)] you never know) drop kick. Personally I think the best team won but what a match. Don't get me wrong, Ireland played very well but just not good enough. The constant thing with the ref was that he gave bad decisions all round.

If I were the England team I would be a bit worried about France now. It will be interesting to see what the bookies make of it now.

I agree with the ref comments, although he got better in the second half, as did Ireland. I dont agree that France were unlucky to not get more points. Yes, the drop kick was very unlucky but thats how it goes.

The stats show that in the second half certainly Ireland were most certainly on top.

I think a draw or a small irish win would have been a fair result.

6 subs by France in the last quarter showed a degree of desperation dont you think?

[quote user="Bugbear"]Thats all it takes of course. Best game by far, to date...................[/quote]

I have only JUST recovered!!

That last drop goal, the silence in this household matched that of the stadium, it was phenomenal and the roar once it got over the bar was enough to take anyone's concentration away! only that in this house it was M****!

then for that Clerc to get a try out of nowhere!... I was jumping extactic!! I am having to watch the video tape again and again to believe it.... to think that this morning all the French rugby pundits I heard, gave their own players up as a lost cause!!.... Pure Genius .... makes me think we must have invented that black liquid which flows through Dublin!.... 

Yes! Best game by far !...  Come on World Cup!....

Archived