Complete France Forum

Advice please

Pommier

We're having a house built and in the dossier from the builder it says ' Egalment Compris Dans Nos Prix -  Les branchements en parties privées pour eaux usées à l'antenne, eaux pluviales, eau potable, téléphone et électricité (sans cable et disjoncteur : par EDF)

Today we had a letter from the builder which says 'Par la présente, nous vous informons avoir fait ce jour la demande de branchement électrique auprès des services d'ERDF. Ceux-ci adresseront le devis/facture correspondant aux travaux nécessaires pour la mise en service (la tranchée avec gaine pour passage du câble et la fourniture du Consuel sont à notre charge)'

Does this mean that we'll be billed for the cable and the main disjoncteur? Is there also a charge for connection and do we pay that or the builder?

Any help gratefully received! 

Hi, from recent experience I think the reference to 'la demande de branchement électrique auprès des services d'ERDF' relates to requesting provision of an electricity connection from the main network to the perimeter of your land, usually terminating at that point in a brown box (coffret).  This is part of making the plot 'viabilisée' and as far as I know will be for you to pay for and not the builder (unless the contract mentions that 'le raccordement au réseau électrique' is also included).  What seems to be included in your house price is the cost of making the connection from the coffret to your house, including digging the trench and laying the conduit. As far as the cable and disjoncteur are concerned, aren't they saying that EDF (as energy supplier) will be providing those?  If so, I really don't know if they are free or whether there would be a charge. 

Hi and thanks for your reply. The puzzling thing is that the land is already viabilisé and has the coffret on the boundary. I think we'll just have to see what the facture says as hopefully that will clarify exactly what we're being billed for.  

Archived