Complete France Forum

Yoga

We have a house near Surgeres (17) & there is yoga every Wednesday in the local hall - I know this is miles from where you are - but it appears that many French country folk regard yoga as a sort of  'sect' thing & are slightly wary of it - so we are told by our yoga teacher!! Our class is taken by an English guy & there are more Brits than French in the class. We hope this attitude changes before we live there permanently! Good luck in you search anyway

Blink [blink]Kathy

We also live near Surgeres. My wife attends a Yoga class on a Monday  in Surgeres  The instructress is French and my wife is one of two Britishpeople attending.All very friendly and no English spoken.She had not done Yoga previously,and whilst it would have been easier with an English speaking instructor, has found the double challenge excellent. Much appreciation by the French for the way she is adapting to both.

Aly - I go to a yoga class in Cordes (Tarn) run by a French lady and most of the members are French and not very 'sect' like!  No class this week as we are having a 'pont' but I believe there is a federation which gives a list of all classes.  I'll see if I can find out whether there are any near you when I go next Monday.

Maggi

Thanks, tried the site, but what does mel mean?  Tried email address, marital status, dictionary .....nothing!   Even tried No2 daughter (in desperation expecting to be told I'm stupid Mummy), but guess what?....she's stumped too!

Any ideas?  Bet it's something dead simple!

Aly

Archived