Complete France Forum

26 miles (42km) and 23 wine tastings

Ian

My wife and I will be running the marathon du medoc next month - it's a great weekend event of partying, drinking (and some running). It'll be Kate's first marathon - we have our fancy dress ready - wish us luck.

Anyone else taking part?

Ian

[quote user="Ian"]My wife and I will be running the marathon du medoc next month - it's a great weekend event of partying, drinking (and some running). It'll be Kate's first marathon - we have our fancy dress ready - wish us luck.

Anyone else taking part?

Ian
[/quote]

Hi Ian,

Sounds like great fun!

Best of luck to both of you and remember no swallowing !

as little as 23 x 5ml = more than a litre and a condition commonly known as "Brahms n Litz"

Thanks Leo,

I ran it 2 years ago and with such wines as Latour, Pontet-Cadet, Mouton Rothschild and Pichon-Longueville there to be tried, I have to admit I was a swallower rather than a spitter!

Felt great the next day too! (Normally, one sniff of the barmaids-apron and I'm the worse for wear! Must have burnt it off with the jogging))

Ian, you must be bloody mad, why not drive round first. Suss out the wines, get them from your local s/market and sit on yer ass and drink them while all are belting there bums out running about like maniakz!![:-))]

The first bloke wot ran 26 odd miles dropped ded after telling his boss that he was in for the biggest battering he had ever had. why the hell try to emulate it?[8-)] 26 miles in a car, no problems. Running ---- not in a legal state of mind thank you>>>

Archived