Complete France Forum

The Big Match - Result

David J

Hi All who wait for the result!!

My first suprise was to find that having expected to play in the doubles and rely on my partner I was chosen to play in the singles so no hiding place.  My ranking had slipped to 40/1 from 30/5 as I hadn't played for 8 months.  The second surprise was that my opponent had a better ranking of 30/3 and during the knock up all shots were going out or in the net and his seemed faster and more accurate so the omens were not good. 

The first set started badly and though the first three games went to juice I found I was 5 - 0 down but  I won the next two but couldn't save the set and lost that 6 - 2.  However I seemed to gain some encouragement from the two won games of the first set and games went evenly until the ninth game which I lost and unfortunately I lost the 10th as well to loose the set 6-4. On reflection I should have won this set as there were chances which I didn't take and who knows a third set decider could have gone my way.

However the good news was that the team won the other singles 6-0 6-1 and the doubles 6-1 7-6 to win the match 2-1.

Will be practising mid week but miss the next 2 matches due to returning to the UK but it was good to be back playing again.

Bon Weekend

David J

"Always on the ball"

Archived