Complete France Forum

Establishments with Sky Sports TV

I will be in the Villeneuve area this coming week-end for a short break with a group of golfers. We are all interested in watching the SkySports coverage of the football match between Chelsea and Man. Utd which is being shown on Saturday (26th April) but I don't have the Sky facilities set up am my house yet.

Does anyone know of any bars, hotels ot other establishments  in Villeneuve/Agen/Bergerac areas that regularly show the premiership matches.

Any information would be gratefully accepted.Big Smile [:D]

There are very strict licence conditions covering public broadcasting of such transmissions, particularly sporting events. As Sky's licences do not cover mainland Europe, the answer to your question has to be a big NO.

Your only slim chance is to find a bar frequented by the English, of which I would imagine there are several in that area. If they are showing the match you want to see, they will no doubt be doing so illegally, but that doesn't seem to stop such places, and you will have to take your chances about whether it is going to be raided by the TV police [:)].

Archived