Complete France Forum

Coming to a village or town near you? Tour de France route details released today

With only a few weeks to this year's Tour, the organisers have now posted the full itinary for all the stages. Get ready to boo /cheer the return of Lance Armstrong*.

www.letour.com/2009/TDF/COURSE/us/le_parcours.html

edit- you will need to select a stage and look under "Time Schedule"

* published today is an interesting new book by Pierre Ballester (formerly of L'Equipe) Le Sale Tour, which seeks to expose Lance Armstrong's past.

www.lemonde.fr/livres/article/2009/06/03/le-sale-tour-de-pierre-ballester-et-david-walsh_1201779_3260.html

Brian (again)

[quote user="brianagain"]Having selected the stage click on the heading  "Time Schedule"

Brian (again)

[/quote]

Thanks Brian - How very odd!![:D] Why on earth does it say no information in the 'Route' and hide it all in the 'Time Schedule' - must be a French thing [:D]

[quote user="Tandem_Pilot"]Why on earth does it say no information in the 'Route' and hide it all in the 'Time Schedule' - must be a French thing

[/quote]

Another visit to the website tonight - seems like maps have been added to replace the no information, so should cause less confusion. Hope this now makes more sense.

Brian (again)

Thanks for the info Brian.  I looked a week or so ago and finding nothing, was beginning to wonder when they'd finally get round to putting the info up.

It was interesting to look at the schedule for the Mt Ventoux stage.  It's an hour for them from Bedoin to the summit.  It only took me half an hour the other day.

Two minor differences: I was in a car and descending!   Don't know how they do it (nor where they're going to put all the usual media infrastructure - there isn't much room up there).

[quote user="Gardian"]

It was interesting to look at the schedule for the Mt Ventoux stage.  It's an hour for them from Bedoin to the summit.  It only took me half an hour the other day.

Two minor differences: I was in a car and descending!   Don't know how they do it (nor where they're going to put all the usual media infrastructure - there isn't much room up there).

[/quote]

Starting today in Nancy is the Dauphiné Liberé, a one week race which many of the leading TdF contenders use to build up their stamina and fitness. This Thursday, 11 June, it includes a stage from Valence via Nyons and Bedoin to a mountain top finish on Mt Ventoux and which will be shown live on France3 Med. so will be a good rehearsal for the Tour a few weeks later. Probable TdF winner Alberto Contador will be in this race as will be Britain's David Millar.

Brian (again)

Archived