Complete France Forum

Gliding Clubs /Light aircraft clubs near Monte de Marsan

Hi Everyone

Does anyone know of any glider/ light aircraft clubs or site in the Monte de Marsan/ pau area. We went to the one at Aire Sur L'Adour which looks great, but just wondered if anyone knew of any others in the area nearer Pau?

Thanks.

I am right back on full strength medication. I should be used to forums by now at my age but......!

Anyway very fast response from some active members with very helpful information. Thanks for running such a good forum. Nice to see a good sense of humour too. At 46 deg C it is somewhat lacking here in the desert right now! Looking forward to our balooning and gliding in S France which may involve some gardening...........

D&E

Thanks Pierre. Found 6 sites to glide from so far. The snag now is to find a relocation with gliding and equitation in the same/similar location. The summer hunt is on.

You should try gliding! It is THE best. Beats fast jets, and all the commercial stuff. It's the real thing!

D&E

I know it's not quite the same thing but last weekend I went to have a look at 'Parapente' (is that the right word?)  It's the big kite where you launch yourself off a perfectly serviceable and sturdy slope into thin air.

It was organised by www.cumulux.lu  and www.mosailes.com

The latter are based at Volmerange-les-mines and if the conditions are right, you can see dozens of the things riding the thermals above the forests on the French/Luxembourg border.

Thanks Pierre. Sounds a bit like sky diving......

I fancy just the sort that you get into, rather than the ones you wear!

Having spent 16 years strapped to an instant parachute device, I don;t have the urge to start sky diving or jumping just yet!

Cheers Dick

Archived