Complete France Forum

Citizens' Advice Bureau equivalent?

nectarine

I have a friend who's having problems with a new swimming pool installation and the company are giving her the runaround about various issues. I shan't go into the detail but the nuts and bolts are, is there a Citizens' Advice Bureau or equivalent in France where she could get some independent advice on her rights? Going to see a solicitor would incur costs up front so is there some kind of free mediation/advice service as a first stop?

All advice gratefully received. Thank you in advance.

[quote user="nectarine"]I have a friend who's having problems with a new swimming pool installation and the company are giving her the runaround about various issues. I shan't go into the detail but the nuts and bolts are, is there a Citizens' Advice Bureau or equivalent in France where she could get some independent advice on her rights? Going to see a solicitor would incur costs up front so is there some kind of free mediation/advice service as a first stop?

All advice gratefully received. Thank you in advance.[/quote]

Hi,

Google-" UFC Que Choisir" and / or  " CLCV"  ; both involve a small joining fee..     As a first free step you can also ask at the mairie about the "Mediateur Commercial"

Nectarine, get your friend to involve a "Conciliateur de Justice" I think they're a service offered by the Department/State - our commune gets one for two mornings a month.

I had a problem with an insurance company (they wouldn't accept a cancellation) and he was happy to help. He phoned them several times, and they yielded. His involvement seemed to carry some weight..

And it's free - he wouldn't even accept a thank-you present.

Archived