Complete France Forum

Line Dancing

John Brown

Hi,

I'm not sure whether this post should come under "Health" or here.

My wife has been to an Introduction to Line Dancing Evening and came away really keen.

The application form  is split into a years subscription to the club and so many sessions but the form demands that you get a certificate form the Doctor saying you fit enough to do it.

Does anyone have experience of this.

How much does the certificate cost and how long does it last for ?

JB

It is absolutely normal: every school year, when you join a class or a group involving any physical activity, you have to produce a medical certificate. It is a drag, but a legal requirement to do with insurance for the class organisers. All doctors are very used to that, and all you have to do is find a good reason to go and visit your doctor (I save mine, so that I go for about 3 different things every time, luckily I am healthy enough that I can do that) and then at the end I say "Et j'ai aussi besoin d'un certificat medical pour.... la gym/la danse/les randonnees" and he writes it there and then as part of the normal 22 euros consultation. So it lasts for the whole school year, or the duration of the class. I have to get a new one every September.

Archived