Complete France Forum

Rabbits

Racerbear02

We have spent a lovely few days watching a family of young rabbits playing on the lawn, idylic.......

This morning however, one of our new fruit bushes was found to have been sampled quite heavily, irritating.....

Is there any product, natural or otherwise, I do not mean a shotgun which could persuade floppsy, cottontail and family to leave the bushes alone and concentrate on therest of the stuff I don't mind them eating? or am I going to have to fence off the area??

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks

I used to have a rabbit problem in England - the only solutions seem to be growing things they don't like, a fence sunk into the ground (small mesh - the young ones can get through a tiny hole), or a jack russell! Luckily we don't seem to have rabbits here - but we've got molehills the size of Mont Blanc!

Gill

We are plagued with rabbits. I had a nice surprise when I "rehomed" some of those pathetic solar lamps that you buy in garden centres - daughter had given us 8 and they give off a faint gleam only - I put them around a flowerbed near our front gate and suddenly the plants stopped being decimated! Only snag is that during the day the flowerbed looks like a sort of "gnometown with streetlighting"......
Chrissie

Archived