Complete France Forum

This might seem daft but....

Bannon

This might seem daft but I recently bought a butane gas weeder on line and had it sent to me here in France. I now find I cannot get any gas canisters to fit it! Any ideas?

The canisters are described as having to comply with BS EN 417. It seems to need one with a male thread of around half an inch.

The nettles are taking over fast!

Perhaps you should buy the canisters from the same source.

Others will doubtless correct me but I think it unlikely that items sold in France will be certified as complying with British Standards.

John

not

Eddie (husband) brought his soldering gear with him from UK and the ran out of gas. But the french cannister didn't fit. I think we tried an adapter but that didn't work either so he had to buy a whole new set-up. Pat.

Hi everyone

Nothing to do with the subject but it reminded me of something amusing.

Shortly after 9/11 I was on my way to France as a foot passenger with BF.

I was asked if I had any knives etc. and duly surrendered my pocket knife. The assistant then put my hand luggage through the scanner. Now, whilst in the UK I purchased a new butane blowtorch, this came with a canister and I bought a spare. On the screen were two long cylinders looking very menacing but nothing was mentioned and I went on my way, so my penknife was dodgy but not the two cylinders ? strange but true !

all the best with your search.

John & Sue

Archived