Complete France Forum

Tree diseases

Mishtoon

Hi!

Having just moved into our new house, I was today sitting there feeling rather daunted by the prospect of looking after the garden, enthusiastic, but daunted.  I've noticed a few 'diseased' (I think) trees - or possibly eaten away by ants, not sure which.  Can anyone recommend a good website for looking up the types of tree diseases/trees affected by various bugs in France.  I am in South West France (if that makes any difference!!)

Many thanks! 

Melanie

The Royal Horticultural Society have a free forum which I have posted earlier.

First try to identify your trees then just google 'diseases on XXXX' I don't like seeing ants on plants because it usually means a cause for concern, but sometimes nothing complex so don't worry too much.

As you have just moved in you have an opportunity to 'watch' your garden through the seasons - try not to do anything too radical for the first year.....so you see what comes up and where, the effect of sun and shade in different seasons etc.

We have just cleared our UK garden and just clearing the bottom of one large holly has changed one area from deep to light shade, so new planting opportunities .....can't wait...

PS This another forum and has gardeners from Europe and the USA

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/

Archived