Complete France Forum

French equivalent of HDRA?

Tony F Dordogne

Good man Tony!!!   I had a look at a few things in France, but it was several years ago and I have to say I found them almost pitiful, nothing remotely in the same league as HDRA and I just stuck with them. Only the other day I decided not to renew my membership anymore but I will still continue to get my seeds from Chase.  The problem now for me with HDRA is that after such a long time in France very little is of any use to me, organic school garden projects in Birmingham don't really fit anymore.

I'll ask around anyway if nobody else comes up with something, Chris.

Thanks Chris and Viva, much appreciated.

I agree Chris, it's all a bit far from home but I'm in the heritage seed group so want to maintain membership for that.  All I've found so far are a couple of mags in the local Presse which are 'bio' and a good 'bio' mag for the potager but nothing about an association in any of them.

I'm not usually a joiner but with these sort of things it's the spin offs, tips, seed offers and the like that I look for - though underlying all that is wanting to grow organically.

One of the benefits in my local area is having friends with hosses and having a large area of deciduous wood at the back of the house so we have a never ending supply of poo and well rotted leaf mould which all helps for the new potager.  Just got to work out the best way of using the water for the potager now, mixture of pumped rain and some grey water to keep it all growing.  Just wish those big water citerns were a bit more sightly, it's so rocky here would need to blast the bedrock to get one IN the ground so need a system of 3 x 500L joined water butts for watering.

Hi Clair

I got membership of jardiniers de france as part of the Rustrica subscription, not that I use it much other than buying the odd plant on offer in Rustica, I've never looked at the website though I will now.

I'd try France Rurale for the water granules - they seem to have lots of rather obscure stuff there though I've never looked for the granules myself.

Archived