Complete France Forum

peach leaf curl

hoverfrog

Had the same problem myself! The advice I received, is to give it a spray with 'Pulverisation Total' according to makers recommendations. After a few days, remove the leaves affected by curl ensuring they are collected and incinerated, and not left on the ground.

As long as the affected leaves are removed prior to the formation of a white powdery deposit, the second showing of leaves and fruit will be unaffected.

I can't offer any guarantees but it certainly appears to have worked with mine, and it looks like I may be in for a good crop (fingers crossed!), far better than last year when I escaped the ravages of leaf curl.

Good luck.

Daryl

thanks for the quick reply :)

If I remove all the affected leaves the tree will be almost bare :(

I will try and find the spray and apply it ASAP.

Actually this is a tree that is part of a hedge that we made out of random saplings from elsewhere in the garden when we moved in, so I'm really glad that one of them is a peach - and even more pleased that it looks like we can save it!

I just hope that if I act quickly enough it won't spread to my expensive peach tree from Delbard :)

best regards,

hoverfrog

Our Mairie organised a garden visit last Saturday with a talk from a couple of horticulturalists about the products you should and shouldn't use in a garden.

Some more offbeat remedies turned up in discussion, including a way to avoid peach leaf curl by hanging among the branches one or two little net bags (the sort that onions or garlic sometimes come in) containing eggshells.  If the leaf curl comes back, apparently it's time to change the eggshells for some new ones...

Angela

Archived