Complete France Forum

I need my flower pots back!

Tag

Planted lots of bulbs this year - daffs mainly- in big flower pots. Would now like them back so I can use them for other things. So, can anyone please tell me if I carefully get the bulbs out and stick them all in a huge old pot I don't need whether they will finish their growing and be ready for replanting next year. The flowers have all gone and the leaves are going brown.

Thanks

Tim

My dad didgs his out when they still have a sad looking flower still on them and plants them in a corner of his garden untill tey "die" properly, then takes the stalks off them and reuses the bulbs year after year.

Hi Tim

I go through this every year with OH - she does the bulkbs in pots thing and they look so good so don't want to argue too much.  So as to cut down on work we took the easy way out - I don't want to have to dig them in and then dig them out every year as the pots and holes would be huge - so we just have summer and winter pots, big, relatively cheap plastic pots, works for us well.  The pots not in use eventuallt live behind the shed for their dormant period.

And for convenience, we have bought a load of Leclerc's roller things so the pots sit on them for when we want to move them round the terrace, much easier than lugging them around.

Archived